Are you a natural with people? Can you control a room with your presence? If so you can train with us to be a coach (Kru).Some individuals just stand out from the crowd and are approached by us, however if you meet the requirements please speak to Kru Kris or Kru Bill.
- Respectful of others and their culture
- Energetic, trustworthy and hardworking
- A clean criminal record
- Over 5 years experience in Muay Thai at KO, and/or an extensive background in other martial arts
- A responsible member of the community and the club
- Excellent technical Thai boxing form
- Good fitness
- C-class or above professional fighter, or a proven track record as a fighter/coach in another Martial Arts discipline
- A natural ability to teach to others when in class and one-to-one situations
If you answer yes to the above requirements we can help you become a coach.
The training programme is one year and requires the individual to be a self starter and to manage their development.
What you can expect?
- Initial shadowing of a trained instructor for around 1 month
- NVQ level qualifications in fitness programmes
- 1 to 2 sessions a week as a coach under supervision
- Constant development and mentoring by the senior Kru
- A one year training programme, not all candidates will be successful
- The opportunity to set-up your own location if successful
- Special benefits at shows and events
- Free training
Past alumni of the programme include Kru Richmond, Kru Kris and Kru Abdul all of whom have qualified as KO coaches over the last 3 years. Kru Richmond now manages the East London branch assisted by Kru Abdul. Kru Kris now heads up the North London branch.
Current Alumni include apprentice Kru Alex at KO North under Kru Bill Judd and Kru Kris.